The Internet has transformed the face of dating. Today I'd like to share with you 10 facts that may well change your perspective about finding love on the Internet.
1. The Internet dating industry is massive and generates 1.8 billion dollars in revenue each year.
2. The success rate for girls and guys meeting their partners online has increased substantially over the last decade. Match.com reported that 1 third of single people
dating online found long-term relationships. The other third found short-term relationships while the remaining third gave up.
3. 44% of online daters over the age of 25 have children. Another interesting fact is that 90% of single parents prefer to date other single parents.
4. Women who post photo's of themselves within their internet dating profile typically receive twice as many emails compared to women who do not post a profile picture.
And as for guys who earn more than $ 250,000 per year, they receive 150% more emails than guys who earn $ 50,000
5. When the Tiger Woods scandal came into public view, memberships from the top "have an affair online" dating sites dropped off by more than 50% with the fear that email patterns could uncover adulterous behaviors. Tip: If you are seeking a relationship outside your current relationship, do NOT do it online as your email trail will get you busted.
6. Women's biggest fear of dating on the Internet is meeting a serial killer. Men's biggest fear of dating online is meeting someone fat. So it seems women are afraid of getting murdered online and men are simply scared of fat people.
7. According to an industry estimate, 30 – 40 million people have used a web dating site at some point. Of those, 50% are aged between 18 – 35. Another 25% are estimated to be aged between 36 – 44 meaning that web dating seems to appeal to the younger generation of single girls and guys.
8. 50% of relationships formed online also end online via email.
9. On America's 3 largest dating services combined, there are approximately 18 million dates each year. With numbers like that, you should give it ago!
10. Also in America, there are more than 400 marriages every day from online dating couples. Online dating accounts for nearly 3% of marriages in America.
The above dating tips and facts showcase some of the realities that the Internet dating scene has to offer. Although there are various pitfalls to watch out for when meeting people online, in the main, the people you meet through online dating are real and genuine folks who are simply looking to share their lives with someone special.