Have a picture of Mr. Right in your mind already? Do you know WHERE to find him? If you have a set of qualities in mind but still have not found him, then maybe you’re just looking at the wrong places.
One tip to help you find Mr. Right is to look in the places where you can expect to find the man with the qualities you value. Here are some tips that may help you find your guy:
1. If you want someone who is caring and loving, find some organizations that have volunteers. Volunteers have big hearts, for they work hard for something, even without compensation. Go to your local soup kitchen and see who among the men in your locale, volunteers his Saturday afternoons to help feed the hungry. You can also look at your local hospitals and see who volunteers his time to help out the kids, or cheer on the lonely and depressed. You are looking for someone who is selfless and generous; one who doesn’t care that his generosity goes by unnoticed, but continues his good deeds.
2. If you are looking for someone who is good with kids, then you are looking for a coach or a teacher or a mentor. Find out who volunteers for the Big Brother program in your community, because that’s someone who is willing to spend his free time to help a kid. Or else, look at the person who volunteers as the coach for your children’s baseball or basketball team. Or else, look at who is teaching at your pre-school and elementary schools. Those men who teach there are usually very patient with kids, and work well with them.
3. If you are looking for a man of faith, then of course, you would be more likely to find him in the church, rather than in the bar. Of course, if you are highly religious with a great sense of faith, then you may also want someone who values them the same way you do.
4. If you are looking for a man with purpose, then of course, he isn’t the one who answers “I don’t know,” if you ask him what he wants to do in life. Find a man who has set his priorities, who knows what he wants and how to get it. He may not have the perfect background, but he is determined to rise above his situation and difficult circumstances because he knows that he is meant to go somewhere good in his life.
5. If you are looking for someone with a great sense of humor, and not those slapstick humor too. Just because someone is diligent and purposeful doesn’t mean that he can’t enjoy himself and have fun. If he is someone who can laugh at himself and with others, not AT others, it probably means that he has a good mental outlook, compared to someone who always takes himself seriously. If you are looking for someone light-hearted, then find someone who can play with dogs, who can laugh with children, who can giggle when he spills soda on himself.