You have the checklist in your hands and everything seems to be in place: the basket, wrapping paper, chocolate, sweets, a stuffed toy, maybe a gift card, jewelry perhaps and then you realize that this has been the same kind of items that your partner sees every 14th of the month since you’ve been together.
Here are 5 items that you can include which will surely make this year’s gift basket a keeper:
1. A poem or anything that unleashes the inner poet in you – “I made this basket especially for you, to prove that I can labor for a love so true”. You know you can do better than that! Don’t copy the Hallmark style of overly intricate word arrangement. Do it in your own way, even if it doesn’t come too good or rhyme too well, your partner will surely appreciate the thought and the effort that came with your “poem”.
2. Pictures of you made funny or arranged romantically – You can gather photos, or print if it’s on your phone or PC and then create funny designs such as speech bubbles or funny add-ons; you can even Photoshop if you know how to. You can also create romantic ones by arranging it with hearts, flowers or love quotes. It will surely be a surprise to hear the laughs and see the smiles when those moments will be recalled.
3. For HIM: Is he a wine lover? Does he love a particular sport like rock climbing or hiking? Is he into video games? If you know what he wants then you’ll know what to put in that he’ll like. But how will you make it memorable? Go online, ask his friends, check the store and look for items that are not commonly associated with the thing he likes but is still a part of it. He’ll be surprised how you knew of such connections between his hobby and passion. If, for example, he likes baseball, go and look for baseball cards that he’ll never thought you’d know how to find. That moment of bewilderment is surely something to look forward to!
4. For HER: It may be the time now to venture into the twilight zone of the mall’s cosmetics department, ladies shoes and sandals shop, specialty lingerie store and other places you would never want your friends to catch you red-handed. It’s time to go beyond the flowers and the chocolates. You’ll really see the joy in her eyes once she sees her favorite mascara, lipstick, sandals and even her favorite color nightgown.
5. Tickets to a show or a concert- If your partner thinks that your Valentines Day gift basket is the last thing you have for that special day, then it will be a joy to know that there will be another moment where you can bond after enjoying the treats on the basket. It will also give the impression that it is not just a one-time engagement but a continuous one- after all, you’ll still have a concert to go to.
Surely, that smile and the glowing eyes of your partner is worth all the expenses and the troubles you’ll go through for making the gift basket a truly unique one. After all, love is priceless.