There are many options for alternative cancer treatment. All are designed to reduce or help control cancer and provide for the well being of the patient. Cancer affects the body and can cause anxiety, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, chronic pain, sleep problems, and stress.
The following is a guide recommending alternative cancer treatments for helping you cope with your cancer; however these alternative treatments will not cure cancer.
- Anxiety related to cancer can be reduced by the following alternative cancer treatments. They include hypnosis, massage therapy, meditation, and relaxation techniques.
- Fatigue is a result of the lactic acid build in your body from cancerous cells. Alternative cancer treatments can include exercise, massage therapy, relaxation techniques, acupuncture, and yoga.
- Nausea and Vomiting may be result from cancer or traditional cancer treatment. Alternative treatments can include acupuncture, aromatherapy, hypnosis, and music therapy.
- Chronic Pain is a result of the cancer’s impact on the body. Alternative cancer treatment can include acupuncture, aromatherapy, biofeedback, hypnosis, medication, massage therapy, and music therapy.
- Sleep Problems are a result of cancer and the impact of traditional treatment. Alternative cancer treatment can include exercise, relaxation techniques, tai chi, and yoga.
- Stress associated with cancer can be treated using alternative cancer treatments. These can include aromatherapy, exercise, hypnosis, massage therapy, meditation, tai chi, and yoga.
Descriptions of alternative cancer treatment are provided giving an idea of the treatment’s protocol.
- Acupuncture using tiny needles inserted in specific parts of the body to relieve impact of cancer. Should not be used if experiencing low blood counts and using blood thinners.
- Aromatherapy uses fragrant oils to provide relief. These oils can be added to bath water or applied during massage therapy.
- Biofeedback uses electrical devices to teach patient how to relax when responding to problems related to cancer.
- Exercise is recommended in most cases to help maintain a healthy body, which helps control cancer.
- Hypnosis uses subliminal messages to help you learn how to control your body to help you control your cancer.
- Massage Therapy can relieve many problems associated with cancer. Caution should be exercised if experiencing low platelet counts when using this alternative treatment. Massaging may result in bruising or internal bleeding.
- Meditation involves concentrating on positive thoughts to help block problems associated with cancer.
- Music Therapy involves listening to music, playing instruments, and singing songs to help you cope with cancer.
- Relaxation Techniques use visualization and muscle relaxing strategies to help control the effects of cancer.
- Tai Chi uses deep breathing and slow movements to help control side effects of cancer.
- Yoga involves deep breathing and stretching to help the patient relax and deal with impact of cancer.
As with all alternative cancer treatments you should consult your primary doctor and conduct further research to ensure your approach is appropriate for your cancer.